Declaring a major in Civil or Environmental Engineering is a great choice! The first step is to make an advising appointment.
Making the Grade
- Ninety-nine percent of graduates are employed directly out of school or attend graduate or professional school
- Ranked 2nd in the nation in environmental engineering
- Ranked 7th in the nation in civil engineering
Embrace real-world problems
Use your hands in concert with your mind. Challenge yourself writing code and conducting experiments, then go out in the real world and get your hands dirty. The technology you develop and utilize won’t just stay in the lab, but instead you’ll employ it to transform the world.
Don’t just learn from faculty – work alongside them.
The Civil and Environmental Engineering Department is small and agile. Our student to faculty ratio is 6:1. Our faculty invite students to join them on the forefront of research in myriad areas. Here, you’ll be mentored in a close-knit community instead of being faceless in a sea of students.
Great jobs. Great pay.
Our graduates are employed by companies like:
- Ann Arbor Water Treatment Plant
- Barton Malow Company
- City of Detroit
- Geosyntec Consultants
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- …and many more
To declare CEE as an undergrad, please make an advising appointment.