CEE is full of opportunities for learning, leadership and camaraderie. There are a number of fun and educational ways to get involved!
Students in the Civil and Environmental Engineering department have the opportunity to work with world renowned faculty, such as Professor Victor Li, who developed bendable concrete, and Associate Professor Krista Wigginton, who created a more responsive COVID-19 wastewater test.
CEE students are involved with more than 10 student groups. Whether you are interested in concrete canoes, steel bridges, environmental preservation or something entirely different, chances are there is a CEE organization that will welcome your specific interests.
Find the group, class or activity that interests you!
- American Society of Civil Engineers – ASCE
- Blockchain at Michigan – BAM
- Chi Epsilon – XE
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute – EERI
- Geo-Institute – GI
- Graduate Environmental Engineering Network of Professionals, Educators and Students – GrEENPEAS
- Michigan Concrete Canoe Team – MCCT
- Michigan Transportation Student Organization – MiTSO
- Pantanal Partnership
- Steel Bridge Team – SBT
- Sustainability, Civil, and Environmental Engineering Minorities – SCEEM
- Theme Park Engineering Group – TPEG
CEE Student Organization Funding Request
If you are a student organization looking for funding for your activity, start with the College of Engineering Office Student Affairs!
The CEE department also has limited funding available to supplement other sources you may find. To request funding from CEE, please fill out this form and notify Matt Blank (email@example.com) once you have done so.
Please submit requests for funding from CEE at least two weeks in advance of your activity.
At University of Michigan Engineering, a first-rate engineering education is just the beginning. There are a rich variety of experiential learning opportunities to help you find your niche, connect with people who share your passion and gain hands-on experience that’ll set your resume apart from the stack.