Thumbnail of Evgueni Filipov

Evgueni Filipov Receives Two Honors

“I truly appreciate the UM-CEE Department for being such a supportive community that has allowed me and my research group to thrive.”

We are proud to announce that Evgueni Filipov has been selected to receive two great honors. He is the recipient of the Excellence in CEE Faculty Award from the University of Michigan CEE Department and the 2022 Young Alumni Achievement Award from the CEE Alumni Association at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. 

Portrait of Evgueni Filipov
Evgueni Filipov

Evgueni Filipov is an Assistant Professor at U-M CEE. He has a Ph.D. and M.S. from the University of Illinois, and a B.S. from the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Filipov’s research is based in the field of deployable and reconfigurable structural systems. He is looking to utilize the foldable and adaptable structure of origami and give it practical applications; ranging from biomedical robotics to deployable architecture.

The Excellence in CEE Faculty Award is given to faculty based on feedback from fellow staff and faculty members on areas of professionalism, reliability, communication, initiative, problem-solving, decision-making and leadership. Filipov provided his thoughts on receiving this award, “I am honored to receive this distinction,” he said. “I truly appreciate the UM-CEE Department for being such a supportive community that has allowed me and my research group to thrive.” Filipov has received this award in recognition of his hard work and dedication to improving the community. 

The Young Alumni Achievement Award is annually presented to early professionals, recognizing their technical achievements, design innovation, contributions to society, and leadership. “It is great to be recognized with this award from my Alma Mater. The CEE Department at UIUC launched my career, and will always hold a special place in my heart,” Filipov said when asked about his presentation from the University of Illinois.

Congratulations again to Evgueni Filipov!