Office: EWRE 177
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2125
My research has focused on the fundamental science and engineering supporting the advancement of technologies and practices which have been transformational for environmental engineering. These have included topics such as wastewater nutrient removal and recovery (biological and chemical), treatment process optimization and control (particularly biological treatment systems), control of activated sludge bulking and foaming, which can be debilitating and lead to excessive treatment costs if not properly addressed, and the highly efficient coupled attached and suspended growth systems.
1. Daigger, G. T., T. Datta, H. D. Stensel, D. D. Whitlock, and J. K Mackey, “Evaluating the Role of Point Source Discharges Informs Statewide Nutrient Control Policy in Utah,” Water Environment Research, 86 (6), 2014, 559-572.
2. Graedel, T. E., D. Swackhamer, R. Anex, W. F. Carroll , Jr., G. T. Daigger, P. Ferrão, H. Frumkin, S. Katzen, A Palmisano, S. Polasky, L. Scarlett, R. Stephens, and L. Zeise, “Sustainability for the Nation: Resource Connections and Governance Linkages,” Environmental Science and Technology, June, 2014, DOI 10.1021/es502328v.
3. Daigger, G. T., “Oxygen and Carbon Requirements for Biological Nitrogen Removal Processes Accomplishing Nitrification, Nitritation, and Anammox,” Water Environment Research, 86(2), 204-209, 2014.
4. Daigger, G. T. and H. X. Littleton, “Simultaneous Biological Nutrient Removal: A State-of-the-Art Review,” Water Environment Research, 86(2), 245-257, 2014.
5. Benedetti, L., J. Langeveld, A. Comeau, L. Corominas, G. Daigger, C Martin, P. S. Mikkelsen, L. Vezzaro, S. Weijers, and P. A. Vanrolleghem, “Modelling and Monitoring of Integrated Urban Wastewater Systems: Review of Status and Perspectives,” Water Science and Technology, 68(6), 1203-1215, 2013.
6. Daigger, G. T., A. Hodgkinson, S. Aqualina, and P. Burrowes, “Creation of a Sustainable Water Resource Through Reclamation of Municipal Wastewater in the Gippsland Water Factory,” Journal of Water Reuse and Desalination, 3(1), 1-15, 2013.