- PhD, Technology, concentration in construction management, Eastern Michigan University
- MEM, concentration in systems engineering and project management, Northwestern University
- BS, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Lafayette College
Licenses and Professional Accreditations
- Professional Engineer (PE), Illinois & Michigan
- LEED Accredited Professional (AP)
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES), record holder
I have worked full-time in the construction industry for over 25 years, serving in numerous positions including field engineer, scheduling engineer, assistant superintendent, project engineer, chief estimating engineer, preconstruction manager, business manager, and general manager. My portfolio of completed projects includes commercial office (low- and high-rise), data center, healthcare, higher education, historic renovation, industrial, K-12, pharmaceutical, public & assembly, research, and transit buildings. My research interests include the intersection of technology use, organizational structure, and project performance. Other topics of interest, on which I have also authored peer-reviewed and refereed works, include design-assist subcontracting, healthcare design, Lean construction, legal and ethical issues, overdesign and over-specification, and project outcome assessments.