GG Brown 2105B
2350 Hayward, GG Brown 2105B Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2125
Education / Certifications / Experience
- Master of Business Administration, Ohio University, Executive Management, Aug 2016
- Master of Science, Central Michigan University, Health Services Administration
- Bachelor of Science, with Honors, Michigan State University, Industrial / Organizational Psychology
- Management and Leadership Development Certificate, University of Michigan Ross School of Business, 2009
- Lean Office Certificate, University of Michigan College of Engineering Center for Professional Development, 2006
Certifications / Experience
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) (since its inception 2015)
- Senior Professional in HR (SPHR) Certification (since 2004)
- Effective Communication in the C-Suite Certificate
- Negotiating Skills for Successful Business Results Certificate
- Managing Individual & Organizational Change Certificate
- Creating a Culture of Innovation Certificate
- Advanced Leadership Certificate (U-M Center for the Education of Women)
- Quality Tools & Methods for Measuring Business Performance Certificate
- Building Business Strategy Certificate
- Advanced HR Generalist Certificate
Strategic Leader supporting diversity, equity, inclusion and positive culture through professional development, trust building, listening and mentoring. Driven by a passion to elicit creativity from others and myself, successfully implementing changes – major building construction, new leadership, streamlined processes, employee engagement and culture – and comfortable piloting new programs, providing feedback to enhance them.
Partner with the Chair of the CEE Department to strategically plan for improving the program’s prominence in the rankings, accelerate research, support innovation and continue to build collegiality with all members of the CEE community.
Manage all administrative aspects of the department, including financial, research, student services, human resources, IT, facilities and faculty support. Creatively solving problems through strong listening skills, empathy and good communication within and external to the department.
I have more than 20 years of management experience in higher education and, as a lifelong learner, enjoy working alongside so many talented colleagues making such a global impact. I am adventurous, embrace creativity and innovation and actively promote professional development for my teams.
Start date at U-M: 06/01/05
Start date in CEE: 12/01/08
Hometown: Flint, MI
Favorite free time activities or hobbies: I love animals, particularly cats (of all types) so much of my free time involves activities which support wildlife or allow me to enjoy wildlife such as gardening, hiking, traveling and volunteering. I also volunteer with Special Olympics each year.
- College of Engineering Faculty/Staff Incentive Award for Creativity, Innovation and Daring, 2018
- College of Engineering Excellence in Staff Service Award 2016
- President’s Staff Innovation Award Finalist 2014
- Candace J. Johnson Award Finalist 2012
- Ergonomics Hero Award 2012
- VOICES of the Staff Recognition (FAST Connections) 2008
- Hylant Community Service Award 2004
- Special Olympics Recognition Award 2003