Student Services Assistant
GG Brown 2166
2350 Hayward, GG Brown 2166, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2125
- Bachelor of Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Animal Sciences, May 2021
- Companion Animal Nutrition Certificate, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2021
I am responsible for reserving department conference rooms, meeting spaces, and classrooms for non-course-related use. I am also responsible for finding rooms for students with exam accommodations. Additionally, I assist student organizations with U-M and departmental policies and procedures, support graduate students regarding office and key assignments, and provide departmental tours. I also support event planning, committees, and anything else my team needs assistance with.
Start date at U-M: 3/20/2023
Start date in CEE: 9/26/2023
Hometown: Carlinville, Illinois
Advice for new students: Get to know your peers and professors! The networking opportunities are endless at U-M. Also, don’t be afraid to ask for help. The university is full of support resources for you, and I am happy to be one of those resources.
Favorite quote: “Nothing about us without us.” – a quote from disability rights author, James Charlton, used to communicate the idea that no policy should be decided by any representative without the full and direct participation of members of the group(s) affected by that policy.
Favorite free time activities or hobbies: In my free time, I facilitate an organization called Disability Culture at U-M (DC@U-M). DC@U-M seeks for the university to establish a disability community and cultural center. Additionally, I play French horn in various community bands, as well as wheelchair sports (basketball & tennis). I also play the card game Contract Bridge and am an avid trivia fan. I love to spend time with my friends, family, and two cats, Monkey & Matzah. I also love to cheer for my Alma Mater, the Fighting Illini.
- Timothy J. Nugent Award, May 2021, Disability Resources & Educational Services (DRES), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Senior 100 Honorary, May 2021, Student Alumni Ambassadors, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Pamela Borelli & Family Leadership Achievement Award, May 2020, Disability Resources & Educational Services (DRES), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign