The following set of objectives is consistent with ABET accreditation criteria and describes what our graduates are expected to achieve within several years of graduation:
- The graduates of the Environmental Engineering Program at Michigan will have the necessary intellectual tools and technical skills to take on careers of leadership in the development of new technologies for environmental protection and the design of sustainable modern environmental infrastructure, analysis of natural and engineered environmental systems and to contribute to society through participation in policy making and governance.
- Graduates will have a solid foundation in environmental engineering and achieve success in graduate education and a broad range of career opportunities.
- Our graduates will become team leaders and have the critical thinking skills to successfully address open-ended problems.
- U-M Environmental Engineering graduates will become effective communicators of technical and professional information in written, oral, visual, and graphical form.
- Professional careers of U-M graduates will be distinguished with a high degree of awareness of moral, ethical, legal and professional obligations to protect human health, human welfare and the environment.