Two-Semester Master of Engineering Programs

CEE Masters of Engineering Programs

The M.Eng. program is designed for students who want to pursue a coursework only option (26 credits), and are generally intent on pursuing a professional career in the construction industry upon completion of their Master's program. With proper planning, the M.Eng. program can be completed within 8 months (Fall and Winter semesters). A Masters degree from U-M Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is held in high regard by the construction industry.

Time is running out. The deadline to apply for Fall 2018 is February 1, 2018.

Two MEng degree paths are available:

MEng in Construction Engineering and Management

Launch yourself into a professional career in the construction industry

MEng-Construction Engineering

The rapidly growing need for infrastructure development and renewal, both within the U.S. and abroad, means there is a great demand within the industry for highly skilled professionals. Become one of these sought-after engineers with this 1-year program, best suited to those who hold a bachelor's degree in civil engineering or the equivalent. 

 The program is geared toward students who generally intend to pursue a professional career in the construction trade.

MEng in Structural Engineering

Become a leader in the increasingly complex field of structural design

MEng-Structural Engineering

Careers in contemporary structural design demand strong foundations in practical applications and design concepts coupled with skills in coordinating the input of multidisciplinary professionals. In this program, you'll develop the skills in structural analysis and design concepts needed to succeed.

This degree is targeted at students who hold a B.S. degree in civil engineering and plan to enter professional practice after completion of their Master’s degree.

How do I apply?

  • Complete the College of Engineering online application: Visit the Application Completion Website
  • Submit an Academic Statement of Purpose
  • Submit a Resume/CV
  • Provide recommendations
  • International students only: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) scores

More detailed information about graduate admissions is available here.


Please contact our Student Services Office:

Go to top